What are the emerging technologies, or the technologies of the future, that will foster the green and digital transition, through a more holistic approach, based on a value-sensitive innovation journey?
Willing to further investigate the above-mentioned aspect, STAM led six workshops at the premises of the European Commission DG Connect, targeting the technological frameworks defined in the “Industry 5.0 Policy Brief”:
- Human-centric solutions and human-machine-interaction
- Bio-inspired technologies and smart materials
- Real time-based digital twins and simulation
- Cyber safe data transmission, storage, and analysis technologies
- Artificial Intelligence
- Technologies for energy efficiency and trustworthy autonomy
Through six sessions engaging with groups of multi-sector and multi-level experts, the workshops allowed the exchange and identification of emerging technologies, which may become those enabling the transition.
In addition, considering the value-sensitive innovation journey, at the bulk of the project, the discussion has been driven also by a societal and environmental perspective, and its implication within the innovation process.
Overall, the six workshops marked an important step in the project implementation, spurring a bottom-up exercise, while further detecting signals of emerging technologies.